Tuesday, July 14, 2009

ITS HERE ITS HERE!!!!

YAY!!! My Blender finally arrived! I'll be testing it out tonight! Of course the first thing on the agenda to make is a smootie! ohhh it sounds so good!

Some of the other things I will be making....

Almond Milk
Omega 3 rich Mayonaise
chopping veggies
chopping garlic (Oh man this is the best part, I love cutting veggies and fruit but garlic is so hard!)
making homade salsa
marinades
bbq sauce

and the list goes on!

I have honestly been feeling GREAT. I did pretty bad last week due to not making a menue and going grocery shopping but I promised myself that I wouldn't let that happen again...so Saturday I went to the Whole Foods Store and spent a little over two hours checking out every isle and finding nifty things and I was able to find all the spices I had been missing...I had no idea Tamaria was a soy sauce! lol I'm glad for the friendly help from the workers there. They are very knowledgeable.

I, for the first time, bought halibut and am excited to make Almond Crusted Halibut for dinner tonight. As much as i'm sad that my hubby is gone for the week, I am glad to be able to cook things I know I'd like. He's not a big fish fan, but if I can get him to like a few different kinds maybe I can make it more often for the both of us!

Though Tim is not 100% doing this diet with me, he is very supportive, only eating junk food while he's at work and does not bring it in the house. What a man! He's been making better choices in food, when he know he's going to be driving all day and is forced to stop at McDonalds, he is reminded how horrible that food makes him feel!

Last night I made a ton, I mean 2 pounds of turkey burgers. Oh they were so good! (I only had one!) I froze 4 of them and fed three of them to two of the students who had cut grass all afternoon.

I took a break from Bananas and am now regretting it. I will be picking up some of those tonight on the way home.

I can't tell you how good I feel. I am more mobile, in that I mean my joints dont hurt and I don't think "It's gonna hurt to get up!" I just do it. I keep myself busy around the house, though I have no children I tend to be cleaning up like crazy, doing laundry, and constantly loading and unloading the dishwasher (when you cook with whole foods, fresh and are constantly prepping you have a ton of dishes!). I am thankful for this new way of life.

I still struggle with being tired but I have learned that it is worse when I am not moving...so I try to stay busy....

Well...I will try and make sure to let you guys know how the halibut turned out :)

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment